Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day and what better way to celebrate, than with chocolate. Dark, rich chocolate and pecans all in a scrumptious, gooey cookie.
This recipe is easy and delicious. The recipe calls for a lot of chocolate, but it is worth every bite. Be sure to eat them while they are warm…and share with you sweetheart!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Double Chocolate Cookie
- 4 bars of Chocolove strong dark chocolate 70% ( the recipe calls for 2 pkg. – 16 squares of baker’s semi-sweet baking chocolate, divided) I like to use Chocolove
- 3/4 cup sucanat or turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil (you can use butter or buttery spread)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (whichever you prefer)
Heat oven to 350. Line cookie sheet with unbleached parchment paper and set aside.
Chop 2 chocolate bar (or 8 squares of baker’s chocolate, if using) set aside.
Microwave the other 2 chocolate bars (or remaining baker’s chocolate) for 1 minute, stir and microwave 30 seconds to a minute more if need. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
In large mixing bowl whisk eggs, add sugar, oil (or butter if using) and vanilla. Mix together and stir in melted chocolate.
Stir in flour and baking powder. Stir in chopped chocolate and pecans.
Drop by tablespoon onto cookie sheet.
Bake 12 minutes or until cookies are puffed and feel set to the touch.
Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute and transfer to wire rack.
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen cookies.
FYI…Since it’s just my husband and I, I cut the recipe in half and it came out just as delicious. Half the recipe makes 7 cookies.
For 1/2 the recipe use:
- 2 chocolate bars
- 6 tablespoons of sucanat or turbinado sugar
- 2 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans