Chicken Florentine is the inspiration behind this absolutely delectable recipe. If you are looking for an elegant dish for the holidays or just the right meal for that special someone, look no more, this is it.
These chicken breasts are stuffed with a creamy spinach pesto and cranberries. Then drizzled with a roasted apple glaze sauce. The pesto is made with buttery, sweet pine nuts and has a hint of fresh rosemary. The chicken is tender and delicious. Pair with your favorite side dishes and you have a holiday inspiration.
Chicken Breast Stuffed With Spinach Pesto and Cranberries
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- canned cranberries or fresh cooked cranberries
- spinach pesto
- Roasted Apple Glaze Sauce by Stonewall Kitchen or glaze of your choice
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons oil ( I use avocado oil )
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic – optional
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon chef shake seasoning – or your favorite seasoning
- 1 small sprig of fresh rosemary – I used just a few needles, maybe ten off of the sprig
Place all ingredients into food processor and chop until well mixed. I used my small 3 cup processor. Set aside.
Heat oven to 350° degrees.
Rinse chicken, pat dry and butterfly cut each breast – do not cut all the way threw, just enough to open the breast so you can fill it with the pesto and cranberries.
Spread small amount, about 1 tablespoon, of cranberries on each breast and about 1 tablespoon of pesto on each breast.
Close each breast and roll, or just bring each end together and secure with toothpick.
Place each breast in a small oven safe dish lined with unbleached parchment paper. Drizzle with Roasted Apple Glaze Sauce or sauce of choice. Fold over parchment paper so it lightly covers chicken.
Bake for 1 hour.