Smoothies…all in one fruit and veggies, I’m in! I love smoothies, making them and drinking them. I guess it’s my creative side emerging, when I think of all the different delicious combinations that can be made. Quick, easy, healthy and so refreshing.
A few years back, I use to be a manager for a Zuka Juice store. Now it’s called Jamba Juice. That might give away how long ago that actually was, but that’s not important. What is important, is that I learned, that it’s not necessary to add juice to a smoothie. Just let nature take its course and enjoy the natural sweetness of your favorite fruit.
A little water, lactose free yogurt, your favorite fruits and veggies and viola, you have a smoothie. No added sugars or added calories. Just healthy, delicious and refreshing. A meal in one…I’m in!
- 1 cup water
- 1 – 6 ounce container of strawberry lactose free yogurt (I use Green Valley Organic Lactose Free Yogurt)
- A handful of fresh spinach
- I small peeled beet
- 1/2 stalk of celery ( I like to use the middle stalks that have the leaves on them, they’re only a couple of inches long, I use just a little bunch of them, maybe two or three.)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen purple grapes (I buy grapes and freeze them for smoothies)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (I buy and freeze strawberries, too)
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries (sometimes I use the jellied whole canned cranberries. I like Whole Foods 365 organic brand.)
Put all ingredients into a blender, starting with the liquid and soft produce first. Blend on juice or smoothie setting on blender.
It usually makes about 3 – 16 ounce smoothies.