Fall is in full swing and winter is around the corner. It’s CHILI time! Time to get fired up. Whether you like a little heat or a full blaze, you can make this chili recipe your own creation. Warm and tender, sweet and spicy, every bite is mouthwatering good.
My husband’s version of this recipe is a prize winner. It won first prize and a write up in a Medford Oregon newspaper. I tweaked it just a little to make it sweet and simple but still spicy. So bring out the chili pot, your favorite salsa and start chopping cilantro, it’s Chili time!
Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Chili
Just a note: I use a mix of Whole Foods 365 brand Peach & Mango Salsa and Hatch Chili Salsa. I also use their 365 brand boxed organic black and kidney beans.
- 1 16 oz jar of your favorite salsa and 1/2 jar of water to rinse out jar and add to chili
- 1 can or box of 13 oz kidney beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 can or box of 13 oz black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon corn meal
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Put all of the above ingredients in medium pot and bring to boil then simmer to keep warm.
Look for my recipe of Sweet Golden Corn Bread. What’s chili without corn bread, right!